Car Accessories to Increase Safety and Comfort
Safety and comfort are two of the most important factors to consider when choosing the right family vehicle. Many vehicles offer a variety of new features that keep your family entertained in addition to being as protected as possible if a crash unfortunately occurs. Take a look at a few of these amenities that your family vehicle should not be without:
- Entertainment system – During those long road trips, children can easily become bored and restless. Adding a rear-seat entertainment system is an affordable way to keep kids amused for hours. For those with different tastes in music and movies, many vehicles even offer multiple headphone jacks. This allows passengers to be able to watch a DVD or listen to the stereo at the same time.
- Built-in convenience features – Many drivers may not realize that bulky items like coolers and trays can cause injury in the event of an accident. That is why choosing a vehicle with fold-out trays and built-in coolers is an excellent and handy idea. They are easily stored away and will not become a projectile if a collision occurs.
- Adaptable seating – Choosing a vehicle with an interior that adapts to your needs is a must, especially with children. If you have very young children, consider selecting a car with a second-row center seat that can slide up toward the front seats. If you have “tweens,” having two captain’s chairs in the second row is quite useful to prevent arguing. Seating that stows away to make room for cargo is also convenient.
- Built-in emergency services – Services such as OnStar, which can automatically dial 911 in an emergency, can add safety and peace of mind to you vehicle. Systems like these can also be useful if you happen to lock your keys in the car, as many include systems to allow the doors to be unlocked remotely. Many also offer directions if you do not know where to go in an unfamiliar area.
- Rearview camera – To help drivers be more aware of their surroundings when their vehicle is in reverse, many vehicles are now equipped with a backup camera. These systems also often include warning systems to alert drivers if they come too close to an object or person.